During April, May, August and September, local operator 'Real Journeys' offer several 7 day expedition cruises aboard their purpose-built boat the 'Milford Wanderer' that include the fiords of Doubtful Sound & Dusky Sound. These are additional to their regular and also very popular overnight Doubtful Sound cruises.
Over the next 7 days, guests will spend time exploring the coastline and beautiful beaches via tender and kayak.
They'll also enjoy the rich and varied wildlife, including dolphins, seals, penguins and native New Zealand birdlife.
To demonstrate the vastness and isolation of Fiordland National Park, it's a massive 4,826 square miles in area and no more than 100 people live in the whole region at any one time.
With on-board nature guides, great facilities and outstanding food, all needs are catered for against an awe-inspiring natural backdrop. Included are -
- A 7 day expedition cruise of Doubtful, Breaksea and Dusky Sounds and Preservation and Chalky Inlets (with 1-way helicopter transfer included)
- On-board specialist nature guides who provide informative commentary and evening talks
- Guided walks through rainforest and along beautiful deserted shorelines
- Visit historic sites and abandoned settlements
- Tender craft and kayaks for exploration of the coastline
- Coach connections from Te Anau and Queenstown at extra cost
These limited departures are highly popular so early bookings are required. Email our office or call us on 888 277-2293 if you are interested.
Postscript August 27 - thanks to Real Journeys who created this inspiring video of the Dusky Sound 7-day cruise.